There are many different types of DNA tests available to you, depending on your needs. Sometimes people want to test their twins to see if they’re identical or fraternal, for example. Or you may want to get a test done to determine whether someone is a biological grandchild. We can take care of any of your needs when it comes to relationship DNA tests, so contact us for help. Below are several types of relationship tests that we can arrange:
- Avuncular testing: If you need to find out if someone is a biological aunt or uncle to a child, this is the test we can perform. The fees range from $375 for non-legal tests to $425 for legal testing.
- Grandparentage: In these cases, we recommend that both grandparents, if possible, take the DNA test to determine if a child is biologically related to them. The prices for grandparentage tests (depending on the number of people tested and whether they are legally binding for court) range from $400 to $450.
- Sibling testing: With DNA testing, we’ll be able to prove whether two people share the same parents, are half-siblings or not related at all. By using either 16 genetic markers or 22, the test will reveal which types of genes they share, if any. The cost ranges from $400 to $575, depending on the type of test you’re needing.
- Twin zygosity testing: Sometimes, it can be determined during delivery whether twins are identical or fraternal. Still, this is not a definitive ruling; only a DNA test will reveal the proof. The fees range from $425 to $500.
- Y-Chromosome DNA testing: This chromosome is found only in males and passes down from father to son. All men or boys in the same family, including cousins and uncles, share the same Y-chromosome. These can be beneficial in determining the parentage of a child. The fee for this test is $425 for one person.
- Mitochondrial DNA testing: This type of DNA is passed down the maternal line from mother to both daughter and son, but the son doesn’t pass it down afterward. The cost for testing one person is $425.
If you’d like to know more about the many different relationship DNA tests we offer, please let us know. We can provide the answers you’re seeking!
The DNA testing process
Undergoing a DNA test is much simpler than many people would imagine. It just involves a quick swab of the cheek to get the DNA, which is then sent to our lab for processing. For a free consultation or to arrange for a test, please use our online contact form or call our office. One of our knowledgeable consultants will discuss your situation and can walk you through the entire process. We pride ourselves in setting up the DNA collection within 24 hours of receiving your call. We have a network of collection sites in all 50 states for your convenience. So if you’re interesting in learning more about relationship DNA tests, contact our office today. We’re here to help!